Partnering with our presbyteries to be the hands and feet of Presbyterian Church (USA) mission strategy includes:
- Building communities of faith that advocate for equity for all people and God’s creation, including:
- Providing financial resources for American Indian and Peoples of Color to have opportunities to obtain leadership experience or education.
- Sharing information to empower congregations and presbyteries to work to change laws that perpetuate economic exploitation of people and natural resources.
- Building communities of hope that take risks to demonstrate God’s new creation by:
- Providing resources to presbyteries for innovative approaches to dismantle poverty in their area;
- Witnessing to the resurrection of diversity in our structures of community and ministry; and
- Advocating for access to mental-health resources for all people in all areas.
- Building communities of love that seek reconciliation and actively tear down walls that separate God’s children from each other by:
- Providing resources to presbyteries that work in specific ways to dismantle white privilege and systemic racism;
- Affirming our Native American roots by encouraging a portion of each sale of building/land within the Synod be set aside for American Indian ministry;
- Building and strengthening those who are estranged, marginalized or strangers and eliminating barriers to the communities of love; and
- Participating in and advocating for interfaith cooperation and partnerships.
- Building communities of service and witness that point beyond self to the Good News of God’s grace by:
- Creating awareness of and eliminating systems, beliefs and practices that underlie discrimination, poverty, homelessness, criminal injustice systems, and other areas of oppression;
- Strengthening Presbyterian camp and conference ministries as well as Presbyterian collegiate ministries throughout the Synod; and
Encouraging presbyteries and their congregations to become Matthew 25 entities.