Purpose: The Steering Committee serves as the Executive Committee of the Synod.
- Establishing time and place of Synod Meetings,
- Serving as the Committee on Arrangements for Synod meetings,
- Developing and recommending an agenda for Synod meetings,
- Appointing a special committee to nominate commissioners for Moderator and Vice Moderator,
- Acting on behalf of the Synod when actions are necessary and proper between meetings and it is not appropriate or practical for the action to be delayed until the next meeting of the Synod,
- Being the committee to which employees may appeal a decision of the Personnel Committee,
- Collaborating with Personnel Committee to recognize those who retire,
- Reviewing policies on a regular basis (Social Media Guidelines are to be reviewed by Steering Committee every two years), and
- Developing a balanced proposed budget for the Synod annually that addresses the strategic priorities of the Synod.
Membership: The Steering Committee consists of the Synod Moderator, Synod Vice Moderator, Synod Executive, Director of Financial Services, Director of Leadership Development, Chairs of the Strategic Service and Witness, Transforming Congregations: Vital Leaders, Personnel, Finance and Communications Committees and the Stated Clerk. The Moderator of the Synod shall serve as the Moderator of the Steering Committee.
Meetings: The Steering Committee meets approximately six -eight weeks prior to each Synod meeting and daily during each meeting.
Steering committee member? Login to the committee portal page for policies, agendas, meeting minutes, etc.